Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Wrap Up 2020


 Halloween wasn't too different than our usual this year.   But to be honest in the beginning, I wasn't planning on doing anything, I just didn't think I had it in me.  I am pleased to report that I did pull this Halloween off and with not much compromising.  Here's some of what we did and didn't do this season:

 I didn't decorate until the middle of the month but it still felt like the decorations had been up forever.  I think that's how my time perception has been working this year though, a week feels like a month.

We watched The Shining together along with several of The Simpsons Halloween episodes.

I decided to try out an idea kinda last minute for our Halloween costumes but it didn't quite work out with the photographing.   I am still thinking about retaking the pics over the next couple of weeks and still posting them for this year on MHiCTy.

I made a ton of treats and Halloween themed foods.  Some of which didn't make it to here because of photographing issues.

One thing that Mr. Husband and I like to do each year is "Halloween Hunting" at all of the stores in town.  We go to Target, Joann, Michaels, Big Lots, Walmart, Spirit, The Halloween Store, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Home Depot, Dollar Tree, and even places like Dollar General.  It's fun to see the new offerings but honestly we don't ever buy much. We have been doing our best to stay out of stores other than essential shopping  this year.   We only checked out stuff if we had to go to that store for something already.  I did look up most of these stores and view their Halloween items online and I was not impressed.  I kinda wondered if the stores decided to scale back on their Halloween designs thinking people weren't going to be doing as much shopping this season.
In that same vein, this year I didn't do any post Halloween shopping either.  

We didn't get to go to our favorite pumpkin patch this year because it decided to not open.  But we did find another one for all our pumpkin needs.  They had these cute wooden cut outs of scarecrows with crows in their pockets as a bonus:


Probably the most interesting thing we did this season was Mr. Husband's horror host show, Nightmare Theatre aired a special Halloween episode.  It was filmed over a month ago with social distancing and/or masks and a skeleton crew.  

It was a pretty typical Halloween for us honestly.  We are homebodies anyway.  But it will be nice to one day be able to get together with friends or see our annual Rocky Horror Picture Show presentation again among strangers.  I just can't imagine right now ever feeling safe around people to be able to do things like that.
Along those lines I also took a break from news feeds for the entire weekend to help my spirits and enjoyment.  We instead watched a bunch of vintage David Letterman Halloween segments featuring "popular'' kid's costumes...so hilarious!
I needed a calm before the shit storm that is forecast to hit the fan on Tuesday.....

No comments: