Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Nachos Flanders Style!


Howdilly diddily doodily!  
It's that time of year where we all think about dropping those 30 pounds we put on over the last 3 years!
Or is that just me?

Every Saturday night Mr. Husband and I go to Lucy and Ricky's house to view the new episodes of our show Nightmare Theatre (now in season 4).  As a side note last week's offering of the abominable movie "Don't Look In The Basement" featured me shuffling around like a Nuthouse Granny.  The episode isn't loaded yet on the PBS site so I can't link it for you....Rats!!  Rats! Rats! Rats!

So not only are Mr. Husband Sir and myself cutting out all delicious foods, Lucy and Ricky are on the band wagon too.  This causes quite the dilemma when it comes to bringing a fun snack for us all to share because diet food isn't fun.  There are no appetizers or desserts I can sculpt from diet food that will taste good.  Highly annoyed by this my brain scanned my internal rolodex of snark and food and it landed on Nachos Flanders Style! 


It's just plain cottage cheese on plain sliced cucumbers.


Oh boy.  We're having ourselves a time now.
Mr. Husband did make an alternative version of these by spicing the hell-o diddily out of the cottage cheese to the point he made it orange but it was of little help.

Here is the scene all set and how it went down for us:


On another side note I came across this super fun site The Joy of Cooking Milhouse where they make a ton of the foods seen on The Simpsons.  I'll be spending some hours perusing all of the fun, indeedily-doodily hoodily!

No comments: