Monday, October 31, 2005

Tie One On ~ Mixed Media Apron

I know... I already did a Halloween apron last month but I just had to! I decided to really make it 'mixed media' by not using any fabric or sewing of any kind. It is made out of a black plastic trash bag, purple staples and orange plastic spider rings. The tie on it is actually the draw string closure. I cut the bag up the sides and horizontal under the back side of the draw string. Then snipped the draw string in the back so it could be tied. I then gathered it and stapled it to give it the ruffle~y look. Then stapled the spider rings in the folds. No fabric, No sewing! And it only took about 30 minutes to make. It reminds me of what a witch might wear while stirring her up some brew! And a big hint as to this year's Halloween costuming...I will work on getting that post up in the next couple of days...

1 comment:

Jennifer W. said...

Definitely my fave from this month - you took the idea of "mixed media" to a whole new level! Can't wait to see your Halloween costumes - I'm intrigued by your teaser picture.