Thursday, January 12, 2012

a few neat finds i got today:


little NOS butter boxes from 1960 at a thrift for 49 cents. they were even still flat when i found them!


and some bottles of "pop" with retro graphics at big lots for 60 cents.
the"Pop Shoppe" has a website that is super cute with an interactive cartoon of woodlandish creatures inside a bottle! there is also a history of the drink, however i fear that the 2012 timeline entry is going to be a repeat of the 1983 one if it being sold at big lots is any clue. i tried the "lime ricky" and it is quite tasty....kinda like maragrita mixer....now there's a thought! what a minute....Zima! that's it! it tastes like a nonalcoholic Zima. are those still being made? just checked and sadly no.  stopped production in 2008... shows how much of a boozer i am not! i am so out of touch, even beyond the world of hooch.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol my grandma and I have been cutting out old adds from life magazines she has that are in bad condition. We have a really cool center fold Jiffy.

I thought they still made Zima I could have swore I saw some at Bevmo but flavored like smirnoff?

my house is cuter than yours said...

wikipedia said it wasn't being made anymore...maybe it will turn up in big lots next!
yeah, smirnoff and zima tastes the same.

jungle dream pagoda said...

Zima...sooo college-ish for me!
Too cutesy on the butter-boxes....such a score!
Oh ...you bet my little petal has the coffin bed for Draculaura!!!
We are full blown Monster High collectors here!
Do you have an Instagram? I think you would love it...though you might rue the day you became addicted!
it's like blogging-lite.

Terri @ Creative Eyedias said...

I got a case of these empty bottles of pop at a garage sale. The dealio was that the drugstores had it and you could take your bottles back and refill them with any flavor soda...2 orange, 2 grape, etc. The problem was, people weren't returning the bottles so it go too expensive for the drug stores to carry. A man in Canada bought the rights for the company and sold them already bottled. I saw some in Gettysburg, PA at a little cupcake shop a couple of weeks ago, so I think they might still be in business!

eviedee said...

We had our living room made over by Secrets from a Stylist on HGTV and they left us about 30 of these bottles. I have no idea what to do with them but they are too cute to throw away! (classic hoarder dilemma)