Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hardware Department: Sylvania Light Bulb Profit Maker

An example of a Sylvania display off in the corner:



I have this old wood rack/shelf that I picked up free on the side of the road several years ago.



It's exclusively for the displaying of Sylvania Lamps!



I cleaned it up and painted it.  It is now the prime display area in my living room of random bits of thrifted crap!


This post is part of a long series I am doing that showcases ads and products from old pharmacies and 5 and Dime stores.  All of the ads are scans from the publication Chain Store Age September 1955.  The products photographed are from my personal collection.  I am running this series on auto-post so I can work on some projects around my real house.  I will return at the end of this series (April or May) back to "normal".

4 comments:

Jennilee said...

What an amazing, awesome find, Mary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I wish I could find an old image of my shelf "in action" with Sylvania bulbs!

~mary~

Jennilee said...

Now that would be fun to see!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I have been searching the internets for an ad for so long! I may start hunting down and watching some old Sylvania commercials and sponsor spots. Maybe the shelf will be in the background.