Monday, April 30, 2018

Wigwam Village Souvenirs

I am completely in love with the Wigwam Village built in 1937, located in Cave City, Kentucky.
I have been able to "Sleep in a Wigwam" twice there, which is so much fun!

Mr. Husband Sir got me two vintage souvenirs from the village for Christmas last year, multiplying my little collection to three pieces!

The small plaster teepee above measures about 4 inches tall.  It was bought from the original owner that had gotten it as a souvenir as a child in the 1950s.

I have two linen postcards, the one on the right being the newest addition.

The one on the left is postmarked 1940, from Cave City
The message on the back says:
"Got here about 7:00 last night.  Getting ready to go to Cemetery.  Levie didn't sleep much Wed morn.  She left about 1:00.  I had a woman stay all night two nights and made $1.00.  Be home about Mon.  Love Vance"

The postcard on the right is postmarked Feb 26, 1947 and reads:
"We are staying in the Wigwam Village tonight.  Hope to get home near noon on 27th.  Was so nice to see peacocks in Fla.  Quite a surprise. Don't forget to write us.  Love Ida"

During the Thanksgiving 2017 holiday we took a trip and spent the week in Kentucky.   On the way back home we spent the day in Cave City and checked on the wigwams.

I love them, love them, love them!

Here are a couple of past wigwam adventures:

1 comment:

Jennilee said...

Those are so cool, Mary! I bet it was neat to sleep in one. I love your souvenirs, especially the postcards.