Friday, January 18, 2019

Disney Hollywood Studios: Prime Time Cafe



For lunch while we were at Disney's Hollywood Studios, we ate at The Prime Time Cafe'!
I just love this place.  The decor is for the most part true vintage pieces, not those ridiculous retro jukeboxes and poodle skirts hanging on the wall, like most places have. Just look at the top shelf on the right... a West Bend Bean Pot!



I wore one of my all time favorite vintage dresses so I could take some snazzy pictures next to the stove in the lobby!



One of the other fun things about eating at the Prime Time Cafe is the waiter/waitress interaction.  The premise is they are part of your family and treat you as such.  It's fun to improv with them.  We had Uncle Lou taking care of us.  I told him all proudly that I had washed my hands, and he says "What do you want a gold star for doing something you're suppose to?!"  Of course he then turned it on the boys and started grilling them about their hand sanitizing.  He gave us all nick names too.  Above you see Scooter and Sparky...I was Princess.


I liked all of the different floor tile patterns, especially these, so I snapped a pic to file in my mind's rolodex for future inspiration.



So let me tell you a little bit more about this dress.  I bought it about 19 years ago at an amazing vintage store in Tampa (Ybor City) FL called La France.  19 years ago I paid 55 bucks for it, so you can imagine what they would charge for it now.  It was new old stock and came with the belt, which I decided to not wear due to my having eaten a few too many Christmas cookies the week before.  I have not been not able to fit into this dress for the past 10 years and honestly thought I never would again.  Even after Kon-Maring my vintage clothes I still decided to keep it because it sparks some serious joy for me.  During the summer I started doing a DIY weight watchers diet and am stoked to say I have lost 15 pounds, meaning I can now wear several of my vintage pieces again!  Yay!

 The best park (other than Disneyland) to dress vintage is Hollywood Studios since it has a vintage vibe to it already.  When we were going through security check before entering the park in the morning the guard told me I looked very dapper, which is really like getting a gold star to me!

Here is our previous reservation:
2013 Prime Time Cafe

And another amazing restaurant also at Hollywood Studios that is like a Drive-In Theater at night and your table is a car!:
2014 Sci-Fi Cafe

No comments: