Friday, September 04, 2020

Peach Baskets



"Peach baskets owe their glamour to gloriously juicy, tree-ripened Del Monte Peaches.  All of the wonderful things peaches can do to brighten any dish, Del Monte Peaches can do best!"

Glamour, glorious, wonderful, best!
I love these old ads with their intense propaganda...just for peaches!



I found this image out in internet land and the resolution was so weak I could not make out the recipe, but that's not really a concern to me.  I rarely follow recipes too closely anyhow.  I prefer to make it up as what I see in the picture.  For this dessert I saw white cake squares with white icing, toasted coconut, half of a glamorous peach, and jelly mint leaves.  I didn't do the candy leaves because I don't know any old ladies that will let me have some out of their crystal candy dishes, so I used real leaves.  Extra fiber if you choose to eat the garnish!



I figured I had not strayed too far from the original recipe and these turned out tasting quite "glorious"!

I then happened to find a better scan of this ad's recipe and the mystery of what was really involved was revealed!


Bread slathered in condensed milk, dipped in coconut and baked!?
I have turned bread into  "cookies" , "waffles", and Bread Betty "Dessert" before so
I probably would have given the original recipe a go!
I guess this is one time I took the non-kooky route.
That will happen when you are trying to keep up a glamorous appearance for the best and most wonderful peaches there are. 
(BTW....I used generic peaches, ha!)

No comments: