Monday, July 06, 2015

National Fried Chicken Day!

With it being National Fried Chicken Day let's celebrate with some finger lick'n goodness. 
I have a mixed piece bucket of random KFC pressure fried fun for you!
I found this really neat clip from 1963 of Colonel Sanders on the television show "What's My Line?"
In recent times, KFC has come up with some superbly funny commercials and advertising featuring SNL's Darrell Hammond.
"And if I could, I'd put chicken in the lemonade."
On the KFC website is a "Hall of Colonels" that is cute and quirky. Each colonel tells a little story/ song/interactive video game about his peculiar life. Stuff like him shooting someone and delivering babies.  You get to do these things in the video game too!


But by far my favorite Colonel Sanders-ness is this vintage picture of a little girl wearing a mask of him and hanging out with Spiderman and Batman!
Go forth and enjoy 11 secret herbs and spices!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You would love my dining room. It's kfc themed, including a life sized colonel sanders statue. If you had FB you could see pictures! ~ Mandy