Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Avon Giant Rotomatic Food Chopper


"Tested and approved by Lester Morris T.V.'s famous Roto Kitchen Chef
Giant size
 Contains 6 genuine stainless steel chopping blades tempered steel quality
Price 3.98"

While I had my food chopper out for smashing up the peanuts for the Peanut Cream Chocolate Cake in the last post, I decided to snap a pic of it too.

I picked it up at one of those legendary Hospice rummage sales back in 2005.  I don't usually let scarcely used uni-taskers, such as a food chopper, into my kitchen.  A knife would work just as well. But I made an exception for this one because I use the box as kitchen decor.


I have been searching for info on Lester Morris and found very little.  The bit I do know is he was an early infomercial pitchmen mostly for a whole line of "Roto" products (the Roto-Broil with it's multitude of accessories, bak-a-tray, Hi-Fri, deep fry) and thus calling himself, The Roto-Magician.

I did come across this one clip : Lester Morris Roto Magician
Unfortunately he must have diced and sliced everything with his Rotomatic food chopper off camera beforehand.  It would have been fun to have seen it in action by the Roto-Magician himself!



2 comments:

Jennilee said...

That's pretty neat, Mary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I want to come up with more things to chop now. Onions would be great because I think the smell would be contained in the cylinder but not sure of the amount of clean up to then get the smell out....