Tuesday, November 13, 2018

El Sapo Fan Club



It has been raining, dark, and cold these past few days, so I wasn't able to get a decent photo to post of a close-up of the shrinky dink brooch I made to wear to Mr. Husband Sir's Nightmare Theatre Premiere Event.
I made it the same way I did the JOL Shrinky Dink necklace by tracing the image onto paper from the computer screen (it's kinda like a light box), then tracing the paper image onto the shrinky material, then bake blah, blah, blah, (follow instructions on the package).


Here is my complete outfit.  I was going for a Mexican senorita look.  



The dress was actually a really long skirt (see above) I picked up at a thrift store.  I added a couple of rows of lace to it and hiked it up to my pits. I used an extra piece of lace and tied it around my waist. which means it can fit sizes 2- 22!  The necklaces, hair flower, sheer scarf, (even the vintage girdle) I am wearing all came from various thrift stores over the years.  My earrings are a 1980's family "heirloom".

Oh, and I am not only a member of the El Sapo Fan Club, I'm it's president!  I'm also the only member and I'm not taking any applications for more.