Friday, October 19, 2018

JOL Shrinky Necklace



 I don't have nearly enough Halloween themed fashion accessories.
I pulled out my old Shrinky Dink material and had this fun little guy made in no time!



I found the image on the nets, enlarged it on my computer screen, traced it onto a piece of paper taped to the monitor, then traced and filled it in with colored pencils on the Shrinky material, popping holes in the sides with a hole punch.
Then baked as instructed and attached it to some jewelry chain.
I had so much fun making it,  I made another necklace and a pin to wear to a function later in the month.
The dress I am wearing in this photo is one I made about 7 years ago.  As it always is when I make a clothing item, the top is too big so when I wear it I have a black cropped cardigan on to hide the bulk (gotta figure out how to fix that one of these days).   I used to wear this dress to PB's school when I read Bone Soup to the class (see here  and here).



If you desire to make yourself a Shrinky JOL Punky the Punkin necklace too, here is the image!