Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Spun Satin Gold Balls



{New Xmas Stuff this season}

Picked these up at an estate sale at some point over this past year.  I remember these kind of ornaments being the staple cheap Christmas ornament for so many years.  Every store had them just like they would have cheap candy canes.  Now you can't get them anywhere new.  One of the first handmade gifts I made while in high school was from a set of these kind of satin white ornaments which I painted cow spots on them and made a little udder from pink craft foam hanging off the bottom for a friend that was a bit obsessed with cows.  I also made a set of satin ball ornaments with dalmatian spots for my mom around the same time.  These ornaments are really easy to craft with but once the satin strands start frizzing out they start looking raggedy.  And raggedy is usually not a good Christmas tree theme.

No comments: