Friday, July 12, 2019

Curler Hamper and Hair Clips 'n Things



Here we are on the last day of Beauty Week on MHIcTy!
My most favorite vintage beauty find in the last year are these plastic lidded baskets for...



✴🟎✶"Hair Clips 'n Things"✶✵✴ and ✴✵✷"Curler Hamper"✴🟎✷!  They are most handy and I use them for what they are intended.  The hamper is large enough that I can also keep my hair net and head kerchief in as well.

Here is a more recent photo of my vintage styled hair.  I have my hair cut in a style called a "midi" which is the classic cut for vintage hair styling.  It shapes your hair in a slightly layered U shape, luckily for me my hair cutting gal knew what this was.  I have been dying my hair a red color for the past 10 months or so, which I really like.



a fairly decent looking side view:



I, by no means, feel I am accomplished enough to give advice or How-To instructions on hair styling, even after a year of learning.  Everything I have learned was from watching videos (see my Hair Color, Cuts, and Chattels Pinterest board for inspiration and the tips I used).  I also don't fix my hair every week if the weather is going to be bad (raining) or I have a big project going on like yard work or house painting, because why put the extra effort into it for raking leaves?!  But I will say that midi hair cut is rather boring looking unfixed.

For a bit more vintage hair, check out
my birthday last year where I had a Hair Party theme!
A Coiffure Affair Birthday Party


No comments: