Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Haunted Mansion 1969 cake



For Mr. Husband Sir's Haunted Mansion birthday confectionery, I put together a homemade Hummingbird cake.  The first time we ever tried this cake variety was at Mammy's Cupboard, and it was divine!  It's got all of the good stuff: pineapple, banana, butter, pecans, and I added coconut (of course!).  This cake is so good it deserves a separate post all to it's self, so I will give the recipe in the future.



For the dripping effect on the sides and top of the cake I used this same glaze but added black food coloring to it.  I topped it off with purple, green, skulls, and bone sprinkles.

For the cake decorations I printed out and laminated a few Haunted Mansion iconic pieces.  The gargoyle candlestick holders which are in the Stretching Room are cleverly "holding" the birthday candles.  The little tombstones on top spelling out his name are prints of vintage souvenirs from Disneyland Park for the attraction when it first opened to the public.

The main cake topper piece is a print of the Hat Box Ghost holding Mr. Husband's head!  PB used his Photoshop skills to make it and did a great job!



Here's to 50 years of Happy Haunts and Hubs!


2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Happy Birthday to your hubs!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jenn! He looks pretty good to be a decrepit 50 year old man! Ha!

~mary~