Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Hair Nets and MiniPoo



Hello and welcome to Day 3 of Beauty Week here on MHICTy!
A couple more vintage beauty items I picked up over the last year are a set of hair nets (they still have their elasticity and are useable!) and this great little container of MiniPoo dry shampoo!
The MiniPoo was given to me by friends and the nets came from a yard sale.
 The MiniPoo still has nearly a full amount of product and came with the instructions and terry cloth comb cover.
It's probably made of powdered asbestos but I have full intentions of trying this stuff out!




My favorite vintage hairstyle is the Poodle Do. I worked on learning it through many attempts last summer.  It's a great style for hot and humid days, everything up and off the neck.  It is also perfect for pulling off a good look when you are on the last days of a wet set and curls are starting to get droopy.  And it's great for the first day of a wet set too since you can remove the rollers, quickly brush each section and pin it as you go. To accomplish this look you brush everything up and start pinning...lots and lots of pins, crowning around your head.  Then take sections from the top and loop them under with your fingers into curled sections and pin under.






The back can be difficult to make pretty without having eyes back there to guide you and all.  I have to just feel my way around and take peeks with a hand mirror periodically.  Above is a photo of one time it really turned out well.



This is another day I did the poodle do a bit more hasty but I liked how it turned out.

I have been doing a version this summer of the poodle do but much quick and easy by wet setting my hair the night before, the next morning brushing it out and sectioning off bangs, brushing up all the back into a high ponytail, pinning the edges of sections of the ponytail over and under, and fixing my bangs by rolling them together and pinning off to the side.


No comments: