Monday, August 05, 2019

Dill Pickle Dip



I hosted having a gal pal over for an evening of chit chat and nibbles a few weeks back.  It was the first time she had been to our house so I really wanted to make a fuss.  I did the basics like cleaning the entire house, mowing the grass, fixing my hair, and making sure the house didn't smell like onions. I also wore a dress and my "Welcome to our Home" apron to greet her and give the house tour. For the nibbles I wanted stuff that was tasty and fun.
I picked a short menu but a couple of the recipes were multi-multi stepped.  I had to start most of it the day before.

Menu:
Tangy Dill Pickle Dip with Crisp Potato Chips
Funny-Face Hamburgers
Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese Corn
Honey Bear Claw Cookies
Tea         Water      Carbonated Soda 



Dill Pickle Dip is something I saw online and adapted.
The recipe is a little of this and that.  It starts off with a block of cream cheese which you blend with enough pickle juice to form a dip consistency.  Next chop up and add as much dill pickles as you like.  I then added a few shakes of garlic salt and a bit of powdered ranch dressing mix.  Mix together and place in fridge for a few hours or overnight for the flavors to blend.  Serve with potato chips.

The Cream Cheese Corn is another modern recipe that I have adapted and the recipe is vague.
On the stove top, melt a block of cream cheese with enough milk to make a thick sauce.  Dice up sliced pickled jalapenos and add to sauce.  Add enough frozen corn to sauce to the consistency of mashed potatoes (maybe not quite that thick).  Heat until everything is cohesive.
I then put it in my West Bend Buffet Patio Server which has a heating element accessory  (first time I have used it!) and let it keep warm until serving.  A mini crock pot would work the same.  Check it periodically; it may need a stir or more milk added if it thickens up too much.

The other two recipes come from vintage Pillsbury Grand National Bake Off contests and will be presented in the proceeding posts.


2 comments:

Jennilee said...

The dip sounds tasty, Mary! How was it?

my house is cuter than yours said...

Oopsie! Did I not say? It was very good!
~mary~