Tuesday, October 29, 2019

PB's 2019 Mood Table





I am thrilled that PB agreed to make another Halloween Mood Table this year!  A mood table is a small vignette of micro decorating meant to be done at the beginning of the season.  For the last few years I have asked PB if he would like to make one with my Halloween leftovers I didn't use in the general decorating.  The overall mood has really already been set and sprawled among our house by that point but that's fine.  It helps to set his Halloween mood!  I don't ever pressure him into doing this little bit of decorating each year, so I am glad he took it on again.
 The 'table' is a plant stand/telephone metal rack.  Flanking the top are some cheap novelty plastic straws that came with skeletons on them, which we got at dollar tree 9 or 10 years ago.  PB had picked them out back then and named them "Bobby Bop Bop".  Bobby was a favorite name of his (see his self named baby bobby toy from when he was a tyke).  He also used these fun jiggly monsters that I can never find the right place for.  The focal point of the assemblage is the skeleton dangling from the severed hand, like a puppet.  I thought it was very clever!

Here are his past decorations:
2017 Mood Table
2018 Mood Table

No comments: