Saturday, April 25, 2020

Ham Pinwheels



Ham Pinwheels a 'la Springtime is another vintage dish I made using the recipe as only a springboard.   Actually, I didn't even read the recipe, I just used the image and name as guidance.

It basically comes down to this: It's biscuit dough filled with whatever you have, jelly rolled, baked and slathered in white sauce and peas.



 I didn't have a mess of chopped ham to make a hefty filling as I think the original probably called for so mine wound up being mini versions of this dish.  The originals appear to be the size of Yugo hubcaps.  I went with using jiffy baking mix and slices of ham lunch meat.  Then topped it with white sauce and peas.  We had these for dinner along with a side of soup.

I hope these past few recipes help generate some ideas how you can toss some random bits together and call it dinner!




4 comments:

Jennilee said...

If you left off the peas and made the white sauce just a tiny bit thicker, this would be a fantastic April Fool's dinner. They look like cinnamon buns!

Rob and Monica said...

I would definitely try this! (Rob)

my house is cuter than yours said...

Jennilee~
I could see that!

Rob~
It's a super easy dish and you can use whatever as the filling...leftovers, spam...

~mary~

JAH said...

Mary - you are TOO much. I definitely ate this stuff 'way back when. Am NOT making it again but glad you are enjoying and posting. Stay safe and well.