Sunday, December 24, 2023

It's a Holly Dolly Christmas!


I decided to do a Christmas Tree theme this year kinda last minute.  I used to plan the theme out a year in advance so I had time to source everything on the cheap and come up fun ideas of what could become a clever ornament.  Doing theme trees had always been something that my mom and I planned out together.  I haven't done one since she passed away in 2020. I wasn't really planning on doing one this year.  However I heard Dolly Parton's new album "Rock Star" and was inspired to do one.
I happened to listen to it on the day (3 years later) my mom passed and most all of the songs remind me of her.  She would have loved the album.  This tree isn't all bang up like I have done in the past, it's a bit simpler which doesn't represent the over the top bubbly Dolly Parton but I did what I could.

I decided to go with the colors in her "Rock Star" album and promo images:  black, silver, gold, and leopard print.  I used one of my aluminum trees (silver) and decorated it in black and gold ball ornaments.  I also used some gold garland and a leopard print piece of fabric for the tree skirt.


For the themed ornaments I printed out images of Dolly and added a little leopard print bow.  I bought several toy guitars from 1.25 tree and decorated them with leopard print paper and sticker rhinestones and that's pretty much it other than the topper.







The tree topper had to be none other than the angel herself, Dolly! 
 I printed out her image from the new album and made her a leopard print paper skirt and feather wings bedecked in lots of rhinestones:


I think she turned out looking like a Vegas show girl, which I think Dolly would love.


Here is another Dolly past post:


No comments: