Monday, December 25, 2023

Tinsel Town 2: 2023 does 2021


My holiday decor from 2021 was so good I decided to do it again!
Here is the dining room in 2021 mode:




The only addition I made was a collection of vintage Christmas postcards I placed in the card holders:


Next up is the living room. 
 I did a few things different here but it's still pretty much 2021:


The candy garland with the mini red stockings is new this year along with using the mini silver trees on the green rack and flanking present stacks.





End tables pretty much 2021:


Stuffed Santas by the television:


I couldn't get this wall to come together the same as 2021.  I usually use the nails that are already in the wall from the regular decor but something wasn't working right so it's not 2021 spectacular.


Santa Shrine still the same:



In the cabinet display case I didn't set up the atomic blasted village this year as I usually do.  I decided to do a mini snowman display instead.



The elf wall in 2021 mode:




And lastly the record cabinet.  It's a bit different but fairly similar.


Since I am not really adding a lot of "new" items to my Christmas hoard anymore I may be at the top of my game here with how the decorating pulls together.  I do still have several items that don't make it out every year such as the rest of the set of the flocked reindeer (two seen above) that maybe I can try working into the look somewhere, but really I got all the flat surfaces cluttered up to the max!

Here are all of the past Christmas decor posts so you can compare (especially with the 2021 version):
Robots Attack Christmas 2010 (not too much decor though)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas Mary.. Lovely to see your Xmas decor again.. Looking fabulous & inspiring as always.. Dunno if you got my comment about how fantastic your porch is? (I may of messed up posting it as it made me go through those authentication pictures 2x.. tho it was a long comment, so maybe I just bored you to sleep too... 😂 It's been known to happen.. What can I say..) Anyhow, you've made my day & I shall enjoy your tour over breakfast & re-aquaint myself with your previous Xmas tours for extra inspiration, as I've been too ill to get most of my decorations up yet.. (the mind was willing but the body wasn't.. Had flu/viruses last few months & it's wiped out my xmas spirit..) But am gonna try to get the decs up today (it's not the 1st time I've not been well enough to get xmas decs up until xmas day, & sadly it probably won't be the last time either..) So I greatly appreciate your posts.. which always make me feel inspired & cheer me up no end with your wit & creativity.. (& make me covet many of your decorations from afar.. both ones you've made & your vintage decor, & lovely vignettes, displays & wall decor... Adored your Xmas porch.. Did I tell you I love tinsel... (& your xmas spiders will forever be coveted.. along with your red reindeer..) Anyhow, hope you & your family have a fantastic xmas together.. Season's Greetings & Best wishes from Wales for the new year.. Fraternally.. Ruth 🐈🤓🎄🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Jennilee said...

So festive, Mary! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

my house is cuter than yours said...


~Ruth~
Thanks for your so, so sweet!
Sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm glad I can supply you with some Christmas cheer from afar! Happy Christmas to you (as I heard it said in Harry Potter)!

~Jennilee~

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas to you and the fam as well!

xoxo
~mary~