The theme this month for Tie One On was to make an apron from clothing. I had a few ideas but really wanted to do something with lingerie since Valentine's Day is coming up. Most of the aprons I have made for TOO are holiday themed or inspired, come to think of it.
Below is the nightgown I cut up to make the lacey front panel of the apron. I cut the top part in 2 pieces then layered them over a piece of fabric cut away from the gown. I am planning to use the left over bottom for a skirt, more on that later. I put this gown on before I cut it up and ugh! That rufflely neck line was not doing anything for me. I think it will be much happier as an apron.
I then attached the frilly panel to the garter belt. I forgot to take a picture of the garter belt beforehand but I didn't do anything to alter it. This garter belt has an elastic top that doesn't attach with hooks are anything. It's just a pull up type. I decided to use the back of the garter belt as the front because I thought the satin panel was pretty cool looking.
I am really happy with the apron but not so with the photos. I didn't realize until they were done that the lighting was awful and the apron was only fully visible in just a few shots, among other issues. Oh well...