Friday, June 20, 2014

Ellie Kahlo

 

Last week a friend invited me to go to Painting with a Twist.  'Painting with a Twist' is where anyone with any (or none) artistic talent are shown how to paint a particular selection in a 3 hour time frame (and boozing it up while there is encouraged).  Painting has never been my strongest artistic endeavor...even with having a degree in fine art.  I had never been to 'Painting with a Twist' before but walked by it several times.  Generally the whole class is painting some garishly large wine glass with "Wine a little" scrawled across it. So, as some may imagine, I had no interest in this.  But, when the moon is full and the stars are aligned PWAT offers a class more individualized....Paint your Pet!

I choose to do my Elanor Dog as Frida Kahlo from her past 2013 Halloween costume.


I think it turned out fairly decent.  Her head appears a bit engorged and her eyes seem to be saying "What was that noise?!" at 3 am in the morning awaking from a dead sleep.  Her uni-brow didn't quite stand out as much as I would have liked though....(hmmm...mixed media felt add on?)


But as I said before, boozing it up is encouraged and can easily become your crutch for why your painting didn't turn out quite perfect...except in my case I was only having unadulterated Dr. Pepper.

2 comments:

MySpecialAgent said...

I think it's adorable!
I always get invited to those painting parties but how many wine glasses with "Mommy's Sippy Cup" painted on them does a girl really need?

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks! Apparently PWAT has a "frequent flyer" card that can be stamped after each class. After 10 classes you can get one class for free! What?! 10 classes?! As you said, who needs 10 paintings of beach scenes and cocktails!