Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Mrs. Elsie Borden

 A few weeks ago we went to see a new exhibit within the museum I am always talking about.   Same one that my apron show* was held in.  The show was a hodge podge of items from the archives.  I would love to peruse those archives!!! This adorable life size Elsie Cow statue was at the entry...

 and wearing an apron!

I am not sure of the year of this statue, maybe 1950s.  The info card didn't give much, other than she had been displayed in a local grocery store.

 If I would have known I could have worn my red gingham apron so we could be matchers!


*What?  You've forgotten about that apron show?!
Well, then grab your gingham apron and shuffle on over!:

5 comments:

Dianehartner@hotmail.com said...

I have one,Mrs. Elsie with this red apron. It is from the 50s, my father in law worked at Bordens. I'm looking to sell her since we are downsizing.

Unknown said...

How much?

my house is cuter than yours said...

It's not for sale

Anonymous said...

Cows wearing aprons :), apron shows (who new) what interesting posts you write. My daily apron is my (housemaid) uniform, think "Victorian" era, long bib apron with ruffles :) I love your retro "housewife" posts also.

Bye for now,
Kim.

Unknown said...

How much are you thinking your elsie is/ was worth? Obviously sentimentally priceless i am sure :)