Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Decked Out Christmas 2020


Here are the halls, walls, and multiple flat surfaces decked out for the holiday this year.

The Santa shrine seen above is usually set up similar every year, just with new additions to the Santa cult.

{Dining room}

{Dining room}
Of all the areas in the house I thought this wall layout was the most successful new look I came up with.  I decided to group most of the 'Holiday Mail Bags' together and added a plastic garland (from Vanessa) to the Merry Christmas banner.

{Dining room}
Dinner and a show! The Santa Choir perched on top of the china cabinet. 

{Record Cabinet, Living room}
This area is still missing something...Maybe some greenery mingled into the silver garland.

{Display Cabinet, Living room}
This area is usually the Robots Attack! the town but we decided to go with peaceful this year.  

{Living room Green shelf}
I tried something different here with flanking several of the blow molds on each side, not too bad, the height balance is just about spot on.  The wall needs more pop though for sure.

On to some random displays:
{Wall o' Kitsch}

{Another Wall o' Kitsch}

The walls are always a problem because I don't like adding more nails for temporary display.  I have to work with the nails that are already there from the regular yearly decor.  Tape, push pins, or command strips just aren't compatible with my walls for some reason. 

{End tables of elves}
The majority of the elves were hanging around the TV and didn't get a photo this year.

Each year I attempt to get all of these stray bits to come together for a cohesive look.  Since I am always adding new pieces to the hoard this helps with slowly collaborating the random into an intentional balanced layout.  I'm not there yet, but it's all part of the collecting adventure.

I really enjoy comparing each year and seeing progress or revisiting layouts that worked or could be 
re- tweaked.  Here are my past Holiday Hall Decking over the past 15 years:

Robots Attack Christmas 2010 (not too much decor though)


2 comments:

CraveCute said...

Wow! You have an amazing collection! Just beautiful!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Diane!

~mary~