Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tis the season for extension cords!

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...All over my house. As I think I have mentioned before I collect a number of things...Too many things ... And one of these collections is vintage Christmas stuffs. Pictured above and below is the mantel. I got these deer at the hospice sale a couple of years ago...And I have seen them on eBay listed for $19 each (not saying that the person listing them will ever get that much!) but I paid 50 cents..For all of them!!! HE HE HE HE (evil laugh directed to those evil overpricing eBay bastards!!) They are about 11 1/2 inches tall and have that red flocking on them along with silver glitter on the antlers and the tails. I placed cotton batting and white lights under neath to look like snow.
Santas perched on the china cabinet in the diningroom
The main tree with another collection consisting of flocked santas
in various sizes and poses. I love a white tree!
Evergleam Aluminum 4 foot tree in the dining room on the sideboard on a blanket of snow.-- out of reach of pumpkinbutt!
This 1 1/2 foot tree is made from aluminum sleeves that are stacked and the design is punched out, inside is a red light bulb. It is made by Evergleam. And yes, once again it's on a blanket of 'snow'.
In the wise words of Clark W. Griswold, I tell family and friends that visit our house "You deserve a house like this to spend Christmas in" as they look for the nearest exit!
Ha Ha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it all! Especially the red deer (good score!) and the punched aluminum tree. What fun you're having.
My grandma had one of those rotating light thingies like the one by the sideboard. My parents had it when I was little. I doubt it is, but there's a small chance they've got it packed away somewhere.
They make a reproduction of that light now. My DH is considering incorporating one of those somehow (I can't remember how...behind a colored glass cabinet door maybe?) in a bar that he's building in a basement in a house.

woof nanny said...

Wow, that is seriously amazing. I see you're doing multiple pics per post with ease now :)

M said...

Christmas at your house looks like a lot of fun. Have a great holiday, with lots of presents! :)

Anonymous said...

I am IN LOVE WITH your Santa tree and your flocked deer-- WOW! Your drapes too have taken my breath away! WOOF!