Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Skull Head Biscuits

My oven's baking section has been non-functioning for three months now. That's just fine! I know I could have called a repair man like a normal sane person would have done but, no.  I decided I would work around it by using the toaster oven and, yes, even the Easy Bake Oven.  Temperatures reach baking standards inside of cars so I had that option too. Heck, why not fry eggs on the sidewalk ?! It's too hot during the summer to be firing up that oven anyway!  This worked fine for some things and disastrous for others...poor pineapple upside down cake.  May it's burned soul rest in peace.  But times have changed.  My favorite holiday is now upon us and I may need to bake some spiders or snakes or something and they aren't going to fit in the Easy Bake Oven.  So I called "the man" yesterday and within 15 minutes the oven was back up and baking.

 For the oven's first run I wanted to make something festive.  I have had this Wilton skull cupcake/muffin pan for a few years but never used it. 
Break out the Jiffy mix! Let's have us some skull head biscuits! 

Make biscuit mix as directed on box.  Fill each skull 2/3 full. Then BAKE as directed.  I microwaved a cup of cherry jelly to make a drizzle.
Delish and gruesome,  what could be better? 

No comments: