Friday, February 14, 2020

I want your skull!


💘💀 Happy Valoween!!! ðŸ’€ðŸ’˜

For a sinister sweet dessert I made us skull cakes!


These little confectioneries get there shape from a skull head pan made by Wilton from Halloween several years ago.  The cake is red velvet from a mix and covered in a vanilla glaze (using this recipe).  I used a large heart sprinkle for the eye sockets, and a half one for the nasal cavity, and the teeth are red nonpareils, all by Wilton.

They tasted exceptionally delicious.  I microwaved them just a touch before serving which made the cake extra moist and the icing warm like on cinnamon rolls.

Devilishly divine!

{image source}

💘 💀 💀 💘



{The conversation heart maker didn't have enough spaces for "Halloween".   But then I thought "Halo-ween" could be the term for a Halloween themed Christmas which would then be in 315 days!}

No comments: