Thursday, June 08, 2023

Frankfurter Foldovers... Swank for the Frank!


"Swank For the Frank"  closing out today with 'Frankfurter Foldovers'.
 

I have gotten to where there are some recipes not worth my time.  I don't make anything that doesn't use the whole egg because I'm not wasting my time searching/making a recipe to use up an egg yolk.  I also don't make anything with buttermilk because it's a waste to buy for only 1 cup (I have seen there is powdered buttermilk but even then I will be storing it for longer than it's worth in shelf space.)  And another "off my list" recipe is anything that I have to roll out dough and cut into precise shapes.  I don't even like making cut out cookies.  I'm more of a drop dough kinda gal.  But I went ahead against my beliefs, values, ethics and creed to be 'Swank for the Frank" to make these foldovers.
To put it simply these foldovers are biscuits stuffed with chopped up wieners and white sauce.
I served the recommended mustard as a side dipping sauce.  I found these to be a bit on the bland side when they were warm but really good cold.  Go figure.  If I was to make these again I would serve them biscuits and gravy style with an extra dash of Tony's.  Drop biscuits and gravy style, that is.


No comments: