Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Franks in Potato Blankets... Swank for the Frank!


This week we are going to be "Swank for the Frank" and making all of these wienerific recipes!
We begin with 'Franks in Potato Blankets".


This was quite the fiasco for these three franks.
The recipe calls for leftover mashed potatoes of which I didn't have.  I made up a quick batch of instant potatoes instead.  As I tried to apply the mashed muck to the wieners it wasn't sticking to anything but my hands.  And yes, I dried off the wieners beforehand.  I then figured they called for leftovers for a reason.  Cold mashed potatoes are generally not soo sticky.  So I put the spuds in the fridge for a while and had minorly better results blanketing the franks.  When I began to pan fry them the potatoes were then again attempting to escape from the potatoes by somewhat melting.  It was a mess.  I did the best I could to get these three franks to look somewhat like the recipe.  I recommend just pan frying the franks and serving with mashed potatoes scooped on top or making potato pancakes (which is what I did with the rest of the potatoes).   Or try using real leftover mashed potatoes made from scratch...I don't know.  I took so many liberties it's hard to say where things went south.
They tasted great though for what that is worth!





 

No comments: