Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Pinto Bean Casserole


 I am back again today with another vintage savory dish that leaves much to be desired.
The serving suggestion as seen below looks hot, bubbly, and creamy:


I chose to make this dish because it has only three ingredients and they are all on my diet (when using whole wheat noodles).  I mean, not that I have been on my diet for the past year as my wide ass can attest but if I wanted to be, this dish would work.  
There's just so much wrong here.  I followed the instructions and the amounts but the final result looks too noddle-y and certainly not creamy or casserole-like.
It tastes as it looks...like bland ass noodles and beans.  And believe me I spiced the hell out of it.  There are very few savory dishes that can't be saved by Tony Chachere's except this one.  I was looking online at other recipes for Pinto Bean Casserole and discovered none of them were this boring.  They had taco seasoning, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, you know, flavor.  Part of me is tempted to try and fix it up with some additional ingredients from the grocery store and the other part of me sees it in the garbage can. 

No comments: