Monday, October 30, 2023

Little Leon


For my Halloween costume this year I dressed up as Little Leon from The Andy Griffith show.
He never spoke and was always roaming around Mayberry unattended carrying and offering his PB&J sandwich to the townsfolk.  He was played by Clint Howard, little brother to Ron Howard. 

Here he and I are in his most iconic poses:

Holding up the wall...



And eating a PB&J.....



This costume came from stuff we already had around the house.  I made the PB&J sandwich from some old foam mattress padding, felt, and paint.  The foam was from a queen size pad that I got from my grandmother back in 2008 and she had owned it for a decade before that.  I have used it for all sorts of crafts including my Hamburglar Costume from 2016 and padding for my dining room chairs when I reupholstered them.  I have about a twin bed sized piece still left for lots of future swishy projects.

The key costume piece is the cowboy leather jacket.  This jacket belonged to my uncle in the early 1970s.  My mom somehow finagled it away from him when she was a teenager.  I used to wear it myself while I was in high school.  When she passed away I inherited it.

If we ever make it up to Mount Airy for Mayberry Days I have my costume all set!

 

No comments: