Tuesday, November 21, 2023

New Fall Wreath and Front Door Decor 2023


I put together a new wreath for my front door this Fall season.  My old Thanksgiving wreath while adorable I felt it was too small for my door.  


For this wreath I used burlap white polka dot ribbon and orange gingham ribbon from 1.25 Tree, some vintage orange rick rack and blanket binding from my stash,  and a couple of cute images I found out in internetland.  I backed the images with cardstock and covered them in mod podge for a bit of weather protection.  The base wreath is one I got on clearance from Michaels.  It was originally a natural color but I dyed it black with watered down acrylic paint and then a final coating of flat black spray paint.

Here's my front stoop decorated for Fall.  Last year I thought I had over did it so I pared it back this year, which it's now a bit too bare/boring for me. 


I did still find a spot for my old wreath.


I also left all the year round spider decor out.


 And as you see with the pumpkins I was able to easily remove the painted features from my Halloween JOLs.

.  

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Lovely, Mary! I didn't think it was overdone last year :) I hope the pompom wreath found a new home!

my house is cuter than yours said...


Thanks Jennilee for your kindness! I would rather have it overdone then under! I'll have to bump it up more next time.

The old pompom wreath did get a new home. I added some frills and such to it and now it's hanging in my laundry room:
https://myhouseiscuterthanyours.blogspot.com/2023/04/dino-wreath.html