Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Thanksgiving Wreath



 I love to make me some wreaths!
Since I am so into my Thanksgiving Fall decorating on the inside I decided to extend it to the front door as well.







It is a basic wreath form that I started by wrapping with burlap ribbon.  I then hot glued some bits of brown gingham contact paper (got at an estate sale) and orange rick rack.  The images are from some of my vintage magazines that I scanned.  I mod podged them on to thick card board and then hot glued to the wreath.  The proud cook image is glued onto a mini aluminum pie pan.  The final bits are the vintage plastic turkey picks, which I bought on ebay.

Here are the images I used, feel free to incorporate them into your Thanksgiving decor!

From Household Magazine October 1952


From Better Homes and Gardens Magazine November 1956

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Oh, Mary! Look what I found for you!!! https://www.sarahhardymakes.com/how-to-make-the-raw-turkey-cake/

my house is cuter than yours said...

Wow! That's disturbing yet awesome!

~mary~