Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Fall Front Porch


Doing my Fall decorating has become my favorite and I look forward to it the most.  I think it's because I have only done it a few times and for the most part all of the items are in just one single manageable bin.  To fill the look out I pull items from other places in the house to repurpose along with scrounging some stuff off mother nature.
Here is the front porch this year which I am ehhhh about how it turned out.  
I think the pom pom wreath is a bit too much and overcrowds.  The door could benefit with more black oak leaf garland.
I need to make a larger front door wreath.  Near the bottom of the door you can barely make them out but I bought some Thanksgiving window clings that are super cute but wound up being too transparent. That really irks me when window clings look good on the white backing in the package but then are basically garbage on a window.  Next time I will just have to pull one off the sheet while in the store and check out it's opaqueness.

Here are close ups of all the vignettes:




We didn't carve the pumpkin this year for Halloween so I was able to use it as extended Fall decor.  I just couldn't come up with an idea of what I wanted to carve it as...Maybe I'll come up with something over the Thanksgiving weekend.  Maybe even a Thanksgiving theme?

I have only decorated the front porch for Thanksgiving one other time, waddle on over to:

No comments: