Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mistress House goes Gourmet


Oh, Mistress House! We have all been eagerly awaiting your arrival! We have reserved a special table for you in the Promanade Room, Please..Follow me!




Chef Marione' has planned an exquisite Polynesian feast with just you in mind. First, he has prepared a fine exotic cocktail for you. It is a Mandarin Fruit Spritzer with Fresh Papaya juices.



And for your appetizer...Marinated Mushrooms in a Rice Vinegar and Hot Cilantro blend.



Now, your main course, Mistress House, the Chef offers you Broiled Coconut Ham in a rich cream sauce, along with Mango Yellow Rice and Grilled Pineapple.



We hope you saved room for dessert. The chef presents a heavenly Dark Chocolate Fruit Fondue. Delicious dried fruits which include pineapple, banana and apricots along with crushed cashew nuts and flaked coconut. I must let you know, Chef Marione' grew all these fruits in his private garden. He only brings them out for special guests as yourself!
Mistress House, we humbly appreciate your visit to our dining establishment. We hope you enjoyed your meal and will dine with us again in the near future! And by the way, my wife loves your blog, could I get your autograph?

Oh yes, ma'am..The restroom is down the hall, past the kitchen.



No! Please refrain from entering the kitchen! No, of course those are not the ingredients we used for your meal..I know they look like cheap dollar store items! Detri'?! Where did these items come from? Oh...? They did?

Even the : cashews, dried banana chips, brown sugar, tropical fruit cocktail in papaya juice, canned Treet meat, yellow rice, mandarin orange slices, cream of chicken soup, Shasta Tiki punch, pineapple slices, marinated mushrooms, dried apricots, flaked coconut and microwavable chocolate dipping sauce (not pictured, Detri' had already grabbed it and had begun hiding items when he heard the footsteps coming down the corridor)?






And the table setting too? Detri' !!

All of it? 2 resin Tiki statues (got last year from Dollar Tree), 4 green glass votive holders (came in sets of 2), votive candles, 2 bamboo wicker trays, 2 martini glasses, 2 water glasses, 4 bamboo placemats, 1 bush of white lilies, 3 bushes of tropical foliage, 2 green place mats used as napkins, set of 3 medium glass bowls and a set of 4 small glass bowls, and bamboo foodpicks (not pictured)?

So!..The only thing that wasn't from this Dollar Store was the wax paper used to the line the trays and the silver bamboo handle flatware that we are ready had on hand?!

Mistress House, please accect our apologies! Detri' has an obsession with Dollar Tree stores and I will have a talk with him! In lieu of this whole fiasco I will tear up your bill of $38 and some change!

Why yes ma'am, please tell me what you really thought of the meal? Oh..? The only thing edible was the fondue? And we can find the rest of the meal hidden under the fake foliage..Thank you ma'am...We truely appreciate your comments. We understand if you never choose to dine with us again!Detri'! Come with me! (below is the view of the table setting that Detri' enjoyed as he flew over the table from his "getting a talking to")

*****************************************************************

This is my submission for the 99 Cent Challange, a proposal by Jen, of the Felt Mouse.. I believe you can vote on the entries by leaving comments under their picture in flicker and only one vote per person. I think
Jen will have the rules for voting up for you all on Feb. 6th.

Hope you all can 'chew' on this post for a bit, I have been a little under the weather and might be away a couple of days .

Jen! I had a blast doing this..Esp. writing this post! This was such a great idea!

10 comments:

elizabeth said...

girl, your feast looks divine!!! and that table settting....

so was it yummy?

my house is cuter than yours said...

The fondue was actually really good..the mushroom tasted like ass and the main corse..um.. to scared to try it! ha ha!

M said...

I'm having no trouble seeing your site now, hooray! I know what you mean about editing and re-editing your post, I have to do that all the time as well whenever I post images. It's too bad preview isn't accurate in those cases. Thanks, and great post as usual!

Jennifer W. said...

Oh Lordy, woman! It appears that I have met my match in the dollar store shopping world! You know that I would do back-flips if I were so lucky to find any of that great Polynesian-esque stuff at my dollar store! Sorry the food didn't taste as good as it looks...

Really incredible effort, and thanks for playing along!

Anonymous said...

that is stunning :) I think we're all coming to the conclusion chocolate is the only way to go at 99c stores...

Monica said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH I recognize all the stuff from Dollar TREE!!!!! I love that store they are fairly new here to the NY Metro area and I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That was fabulous! I love the tiki theme you had going, and that you were able to find/prepare foods to match the mood. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow a polynesian feast. How on earth did you ever think of that?

woof nanny said...

(on my knees doing a fanning motion)....
so much for my winning the prize though. Crap. Well, you're keeping me on my toes, woman.

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thank you darlings for all the kind encouragement! I had fun doing this. It was important for me to really stick to the rule of everything being from the dollar store (only thing I didn't get from there was a small piece of waxed paper and the flatware), so I guess that's why parts of my meal weren't too appetitising! Ha ha! I don't even like spam type meats but they are apparently very popular in Hawaiin dishes, so I went with it for that reason. But all the decor will be able to be reused somewhere in my house or for a future party.