Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Kick me when I'm down

Dear readers, it's sad to say but it's true... there is no such thing as an original idea. I love to think I have them all the time but I found something last night that shot my hopes and dreams down. I honestly had it in my mind that I was going to get this idea patented and make millions......I was going to make the circuit and tour the country, no, make that the world!... I was going to be in demand and next big thing! My idea? The Drag Queen Cake...




I discovered this last night..... Boo!!! I made "Ta-Ta Licious" about 2 years ago while I was at my mom's during her first shoulder surgery. She had a cake pan for making hoop skirt cakes for birthdays and wedding showers with girl tops and I didn't see why a man doll wouldn't enjoy wearing a frilly dress also. Ah well.... I guess I better get back to working on another idea that will just be pulled out from underneath me.

~UPDATE~ the "this" cake link apparently isn't working due to something going on over at craftster....

8 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Well, yours was the first I saw, so it was new to me! Very clever and well done as always.

Suesjoy said...

THIS is an Award Winning Cake!!
Bravo!

Suesjoy said...

P.S. Don't feel bad!! :)
(I couldn't get the link to work, anyway!)

Mikaela said...

I just found your blog today and I love it. Love the dragcake too.
Mikaela from Sweden

Anonymous said...

i am just speechless! LOVE this cake!! Pricilla, Queen of the Pastry! LOL!
Don't feel bad...it is brilliant.

Gina said...

Thank you! Boy, that cake, what a bright spot in my day!

Anonymous said...

I just linked onto the "this" and that cake isn't ANYTHING compared to TaTa Licious!!! They are using some sort of Superman bulked up arm thing for the man. If there was a beauty pageant between the two of them, well, let's just say that TaTa would be wearing the crown!!!

Love, Mom

Soul Searching said...

That's fabulous! Love the blog :)