Monday, May 25, 2015

Applesauce Cake

Welcome to a 'The Andy Griffith Show' inspired recipe!

Applesauce Cake 
Inspired from: Andy saves Gomer
Season 4, episode 23


Aunt Bee: I'm doing my baking today.  Now, which would you rather have --applesauce cake or angel food cake? 

Andy: Oh, either one. 

Aunt Bee: Well, you choose which.  You can have your favorite.

Andy: Ok....Applesauce cake.

 Aunt Bee: I think I will make Angel food cake. I have a lot of egg whites.

(excerpt from The Andy Griffith Show  "Andy saves Gomer" Season 4, episode 23 )
~~~~~~

I have always thought that Andy should have gotten the Applesauce cake he asked for so that's what I made!


I used a recipe from Betty Crocker's New Cook Book circa 1961.

Recipe:

Icing:
I added sliced almonds on the top.
This cake is soooo yummy!  I now see why Andy asked for it!

Need a second helping of Mayberry Inspired Recipes?
See wallpaper paste and moulages

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I.made it..it's delicious