Friday, September 07, 2018

Sears 1957 Catalog


During our trip to Mount Airy/ Mayberry during the summer I picked up this 1957 Sears Spring/Summer catalog for only 10 bucks at an antique mall.

I have been enjoying looking through it for stuff I own (or have owned in the past) when I came across this dress:


"Printed Pongee..acetate and cotton...looks like silk.  Rhinestones on front of collar; gathers all around skirt.  Hand wash.  Shpg. wt. 1 lb. 12 oz.  Misses' sizes 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.  Measure; order correct size.
031K3399- Turquoise, avocado and tangerine print on natural beige ground.....$6.74
031K3400- Green. yellow, and tangerine print on natural beige ground..............$6.74"


I know that dress!


Looks a little different though since someone before I owned it had tried (disastrously) to dye it purple.  The front looks like a splotch of blue and the shoulders are kinda reddish.


It's hard to make out but the tag says "Sears and Roebuck Kerrybrook Fashion"
There are those rhinestone features on the collar!


Here is a close up of the fabric design.  It is an amazing 50s print.  I bought the dress from a vintage shop in Tallahassee over 20 years ago.
During my Kon-Mari tidying marathon I decided to let this dress go since I never really ever worn it because of the weird deal going on the front.
I went through all of my vintage clothes and let a bunch of them go (already sold) but I photographed them and will be posting images here for fun.

I also will eventually post more images from the 1957 Sears Catalog but since the spine is difficult to open the book up for scanning I will have to photograph the pages instead, which is a bummer.  I like scanned images much better when it comes to magazines and the such.

No comments: