Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Girl Scout Apron

If you are going to be baking up a batch of Girl Scout cookies a cute apron comes in quite handy!

 About a year ago I assisted with curating a museum exhibit about aprons, along with also being the featured collector.  One of the aprons included with the national touring show (not my apron sadly) was an adorable child's plastic Girl Scout bib apron from 1953.  It was my most favorite in the exhibit.  When I first posted the photos of the exhibit I realized I had somehow overlooked taking some images of the apron's details. The illustrations are most precious so I definitely got some pics before the show closed, I just never got around to putting them up here.  So as part of the 100 years of Girl Scout cookies celebration, I am presenting them now. 

 "Sweeping-Washing-Drying-Cooking- 
My, how spic and span she's looking!"


I love these darling girls!  Very tattoo worthy.

While searching the nets for research I came across
this catalog image of the apron in 1953!


To see more Girl Scout aprons visit the online
Girl Scout Museum

No comments: