Sunday, December 17, 2017

Village of the Holiday Damned

{"New" Christmas stuff this year}

This was the big find for me this year.  I got a huge box of slightly deteriorated putz houses (along with 4 vintage stockings) for 10 bucks.  I was at an estate sale that had been canceled but they were going to let the few people who had shown up shop anyway.  I was digging around in all the unmarked boxes that had been hauled down from the attic when I opened one to see these!!!  I was trying to keep my poker face when I asked the price.  The guy said "Those look like a project!" and was glad to be rid of them.  I have been wanting a set of these for 15+ years.  The houses had been in the attic for decades in the horrific Florida heat which caused the glue to separate some of the roofs and bases, however everything is there.  I have a plan for them, as is, for next Christmas!  This year I am just going to display a few in a mini ghetto.

No comments: