Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Oven Chicken Bar-B-Q


Today I have a vintage savory dish for you all! 
 I tend to veer more toward making desserts because they have the pizzazz... marshmallow flowers and the likes.  However, Oven Chicken Bar-B-Q had a neat looking recipe card and nice plating so I gave it a whirl:


I found this image out in internetlands years ago so I am not sure of the circa.  I would guess by the awesome looking Pet Milk jar it's from the 50s.
I followed the recipe except for leaving out the heaping 2 Tbsp of sugar.  I did a pinch just to make the tomato sauce happy.  I despise and detest barbeque sauce on a level most can't comprehend.  The big picture of this is actually I hate sweet put on savory...baked beans, honey ham, pineapple on pizza.  Absolutely disgusting.  I am fine with savory on sweet though...bacon on donuts, potato chips on cake, pretzels on brownies....gimme!


But back to this, ya'll!  This was absolutely delish!  We liked it so much it's going to be put into regular rotation.  
But you know it's got to have a fun quirky name tie-in to a day of the week...hmmmm...
How about Oven Chicken Bar-B-Quesday?

 

No comments: