Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Springtime Fancy Cake


 Doing Springtime fancy my way!  
Prefab boxed cake mix, prefab tub icing (tinted it myself) and decorated it with some "fancy" flowers using marshmallows and yellow gumdrops.


I couldn't quite get how Dexo made the pointy daisy marshmallow petals.  As always, the recipe leaves out the most important instruction, the whole point of making the cake!
Dexo sures does want to help you get a man though.  They focus on that a bit much!

While my petals are not much to look at I will not leave you in the dark as Dexo did.
I made my petals by cutting about 4 disks from a large marshmallow and then cutting the disk in half.  To help with all the gooey stickiness I kept a little dish of canola oil nearby to dip into.
My petals may not be good enough for a young man's fancy but you better believe they will get you someone in the 65-95 year old balding, widow department.

No comments: