Thursday, May 18, 2023

Peach Melba Cake


Does this cake look like a gynecologists nightmare or is it just me?

I find the cake's design quite interesting along with it sounded like it would taste pretty good so I gave it a try on Mother's Day... in keeping with it's blatant theme.


This cake is easy to put together.  I used a Jiffy yellow cake mix, canned peaches, some candied cherries I bought on Christmas clearance, and red plum jelly. (the full recipe is on the vintage ad above)


Serve crotch cake warm with a side of vanilla ice cream at your next Betty Friedan book club meeting!
 

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Oh Mary! I had to laugh when I read that first sentence! No, you are not wrong!

I found this gem for you! Hopefully it works!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=759886388965503&set=gm.1276282699960809&idorvanity=343057549950000

my house is cuter than yours said...

~Jennilee~
That potato salad pie! Oh my gosh! I don't think I am brave enough to make it! The reason the top is so smooth is because it's a heaping layer of pure mayo!