Sunday, December 25, 2022

FallMas


Yes, Yes Ya'll!
It's Fall...Mas!
At the beginning of the Christmas season I was lamenting that I was not ready for my Fall decor to come down and I just wasn't in the Christmas mood.  Maybe I could do something I penned "Fallmas" but there would be no way I had enough stuff to pull that off...but I did!  And it turned out so cute!
It's kinda more woodland, Fall, Winter than really Christmas.
And I am okay with that!
Behold the beauty:


The antique Slyvania bulb rack (aka the green shelf) set up:


Close ups:




Corner tables in Livingroom:

Coffee table:

Top of Display case:

Inside Display case (not much here in this photo, Mr. Husband later put the Tauntaun in it):

Record Cabinet:

Dining room, top of the china cabinet:

Dining room table and side board:


The tree and the cutesy Deeries!:



The only things I bought for this theme were a bag of mini snowballs (vase filler from Hobby Lobby) for 2 bucks and the gold vintage satin ball ornaments (from a thrift) for 10 bucks.  Yikes on that price. I bought several bags and they were 3 or 4 bucks each bag.  But they were perfect and as soon as I bought them I knew I was going to pull this look off. 

I went with a color scheme of fall oranges, browns, and golds, winter whites, silver for shimmer and black and green to ground everything.
I removed purely Thanksgiving items such as turkeys and pilgrims and left woodland features such as squirrels and mushrooms.  I relocated some of the fall decor to mix it up a bit such as the garland in the dining room is the garland that was around the front door.  The Christmas items I added in were the deer, trees, and ball ornaments.  The gnomes are kinda elf-like but also woodland so they play up both themes (they usually live on my back deck). 
It's been interesting and a nice change this last season with transiting the decor.  I started with my regular tiki decor and added in voodoo witch doctor vibes for Halloween.  Then for fall I did  Falloween adding in more black to the autumn look.  Now for Christmas it's Fallmas.  I could see removing the fall and leaving the white and silver for a winter look but people it's got to stop somewhere!  I usually do a small winter display with snowmen but that's it.  Spring can kiss my ass and summer can go to hell.

🍁❄ 🍂❅ 🍁❆ 🍂
Happy Fall(mas) Ya'll!
🍁 ❄🍂 ❅🍁❆ 🍂

2 comments:

Jennilee said...

Spectacular, Mary!!!! I absolutely love it! You have a fantastic blend of Fall and Winter and it really works. I think this could be a new trend :) Merry Fall-mas to you!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks Jennilee! It was interesting to try something different and I was just not in the mood to pull all the christmas hoard out this year! Merry Fall-Mas to you as well!

~mary~