Monday, May 02, 2016

It has been decided in your favor...


Hubs and I just celebrated out 2nd wedding anny......in The Twilight Zone.

I really love doing stuff in themes.  Last year for our first wedding anny I themed our little party Las Vegas and circus-esque since we got married in Vegas and stayed at Circus Circus. (see here!)

This year I was a bit all over the place with it.  There were actually three themes: Alfred Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, and another that I will reveal later because it hasn't happened just yet.


The Twilight Zone theme was something I came up with to use as a little wedding anny photo idea.  One of our favorite episodes of the Twilight Zone is Nick of Time.  It is about a newlywed couple that stop in a small town and become trapped there because of the husband's superstitions with a fortune telling napkin dispenser, the Mystic Seer, in a local diner. Newlyweds, superstition, and a creepy fortune telling machine....Perfect! 

A still from the episode.  Forgot to mention, William Shatner plays the husband!

For the first photo we incorporated a coke bottle with our last name on it.
I thought it would make a cute prop for the diner photos.  I smeared out the name for this photo but you know those personalized bottles that coke was doing for a promotion.  Just insert a last name on it,  Addams will do.

We already had a replica of the Mystic Seer fortune teller.  

" Will we make it another year without throwing live chickens at one another?"


Whew!  Thank goodness, I ain't got ten dollars to pay the fine! 



As a side note, apparently the "Mystic Seer" was a real thing!

5 comments:

Jennilee said...

Ahhhhh....The Twilight Zone! One of my most ever favorite tv shows! This was an awesome episode! What a great idea to use it for a theme :)

I bet you guys have a lot of fun!

BTW...Happy Anniversary!

my house is cuter than yours said...

Thanks jenn! I think superstitions are fun myself so I really loved this episode. We don't have cable tv anymore but we still do a Twilight Zone Marathon on July 4th. We have the series on dvd so no commercials either! ha!
Btw, if you didn't catch the reference about the throwing of live chickens, It is from an episode of Andy Griffith from season four, "Andy's Vacation". In the beginning, Andy is sentencing a married couple due to fighting because the wife threw a live chicken at her husband. Andy then fines them 10 dollars to which the husband says "I ain't got 10 dollars." Hubs and I love that part of the episode and sometimes reference ourselves to the chicken tossing couple, Maudie and Naylor.

Jennilee said...

That is too funny about the chicken, Mary! Thanks for explaining as I'm not as savvy about the Andy Griffith Show as I ought to be. It has been far too many years since I've seen it.

Crytal said...

William Shatner sure was cute when he was young!

my house is cuter than yours said...

I started thinking I better explain the chicken thing because it sounded kinda cult like. Yes, the Shat was an amazingly handsome specimen in this episode. I actually find it distracting because I don't think the female in the episode is an equal match in the good looks department. When I watch the episode I keep thinking she must be the boss's daughter or something.
~mary~