Thursday, June 18, 2015

Decennial MHICTY: 15 Minutes of Fame


Autographs...Well if I must.

Hello there friends!  Welcome to the fifth installment of the Decennial My House Is Cuter Than Yours 10 year blogiversary retrospective and more! A series of my favorite rewinds and such...all leading to a big Gala event!

This post is about my couple of brushes with international fame.

The first was being a craft tutorial contributor for a 2007 released UK published book called The Crafter Culture Handbook.  It's a hefty sized book of about 300 pages and 50 projects.  There are several decent crafters represented within the contributors.  I am not a name dropper though... 



I came up with a scrap craft that involved turning the front and back of a super cute Jiffy box into a memo pad.
You can still buy the book on Amazon...used for .36 cents! That's quite a bargain!
But as my gift to you, just click the memo pad link for my tute online for zero cents.


The next brush of fame I had was within the same month in 2007.  I was featured in a new and now defunct magazine called Creative TECHniques.  A really neat magazine on how to mesh digital and hands-on crafting together.  

The article was about Craft Culture and where to find the best ideas, material, inspiration. 
I was listed in the blog area as:
"A snappy retro celebration of housewifery.  Old school crafting with new school attitude!  This blog is hosted by groovy-keen Mary, a hipster chick who rocks her cat eye specs and punk aprons with style."

My photo was featured of me wearing my Smock Apron which was my submission for the May 2006 Tie On One Apron challenge.  I made it out of a vintage pillow case.



As I said earlier, this magazine is not being made anymore so you will have to pick up back issues at a yard sale.

Next up....My House Is Cuter Than Yours...The Lost Episode!

No comments: