Monday, June 15, 2015

Decennial MHICTY: Craft A Long


Hello there!
And welcome to the second installment in the
My House Is Cuter Than Yours 10 year blogiversary retrospective and more!
Because of my love of all things vintage housewife, in early blogging years, I participated in a fun monthly apron craft along that is now defunct.
Each month had a new theme that I would put my own spin on.
To read more about any of the aprons click the links!


Home on the Range Apron
The first apron I made and first time with embroidery.


Pink Lemonade Apron
I wasn't too keen on this theme but worked it best I could.

Mini Me Apron
Me and Daisy!


Tea Towel Apron
Halloween represent!


Mixed Media Apron
This apron theme had to have no common apron making materials like...thread and fabric.  I made this apron from black trash bags, staples, and plastic spiders.


Holiday Apron
This photo was on the home page of Tie One On as the intro on this theme, which I was thrilled about!  I made this apron from a vintage Christmas tree skirt.


Apron from Clothes
I apparently fancied myself Pin Up material.  I made this apron from under garments: vintage garter belt and parts of a nightgown.


Apron for a Dolly Type Friend
More Halloween! And it was actually March!


Smock Apron
I loved how this apron turned out and loved the photos!  The apron is made from a vintage pillow case.  It is still one of my favorite aprons.


Apron themed after a Musical
This was the last theme I participated in but at least I went out with a bang!  I choose the musical "Nightmare Before Christmas" with a Sally-esque thing going on.  I think it was really suppose to be broadway musicals but I liked bending the rules to my liking.  The photo shoot was appropriately at a cemetery.


I apron-crafted-along until I went back to school and didn't have the time.  I really enjoyed the challenge of how could I make the theme work for me...either vintage inspired or creepy!  I also discovered my love for setting up staged photos that continues to the present.
Such as this more recent apron escapade :


Next up on the MHICTY Decennial...something else apron-ish!


No comments: