Tuesday, December 21, 2021

2021 Holly Boy Sightings



Last year I told you all about The Holly Boy . (Seen above is my DIYed version.)  He is a wreath turned boy turned holiday emotional support elf for a little overthinking kid named Linda in a story from 1955.  The marketers really tried to get him into the legends group (Santa, Frosty, Rudolph) but he just didn't have what it took I guess.  There was apparently a song, a story book, a figurine, and other paraphernalia on the shelves to get him out in the public.  "Merch" as the kids call it.  It's this merch that I like to try to uncover out in internet land.  I didn't seek out holly boy too much this year but still had a few sightings on ebay.

I found this set of drinking glasses for 25 bucks:

(Right now on ebay is another set of glasses with paper coasters going for 87.50...down from 250.00)

I found this set of "Snack mats":

I can't remember the price that was being asked, 12 bucks feels about right though.
 

{Here is the back of the box with cute mid mod graphics!}

I also came across one of the original story books (15 bucks) but didn't save a pic.

 I see alot of these items being tagged "Made in England".  I'm thinking that after Holly Boy didn't make a splash in the states they shipped him overseas for a go.  For all I know maybe he has a following over there...

3 comments:

CraveCute said...

Thanks for the update, the Holly Boy is quite enduring!

Monica and Rob said...

Ever since you posted this story I look for Holly Boy wherever I go! I love him! I probably passed him by for years not knowing who he was

my house is cuter than yours said...

Yes, Holly Boy is a Christmas legend, if only to us few!

~mary~