Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Pom Pom Aluminum Christmas Tree

 


{New Xmas Stuffs 2021}

Kicking off the new stuffs for this holiday season is this tree.
I inherited this 4 1/2 foot aluminum tree from my mom.  It actually was originally mine and I gave it to her.  I found it at an out of the way small little thrift store back in 2000 on the floor under a dusty dark shelf that was blocked by some crap.  I looked down and saw part of the box.  I thought surely that's not what I think it is...  Ok, it's a Pom Pom box but it's just going to be full of crumpled Christmas bows...but it was a glorious-all branches there- and even the stand- aluminum Christmas Tree!   I was so excited over my find but I had to keep a calm demeanor when I brought it to the checker and asked the price...5 dollars!
My mom promptly proceeded to talk it away from me and into her house!  She had gotten me a 4 foot aluminum tree in 1999 which I put up every year.  Now we each had one.  Aluminum Christmas trees were kinda "our thing" that we enjoyed together.  We loved to visit the Aluminum Christmas Tree Museum in NC together and even showcased our themed ornaments on three of the trees for a couple of years (2015 and 2016).  

Here are the shiny past posts:

No comments: